Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting ready to enter a new phase

We’re still in the first week of 2010 and people all over the blogosphere are talking about their resolutions for the new year. I’m usually not much of a resolutions person, but this year something feels different. Perhaps since I know that I will be entering a new phase of life (marriage…or 30, your choice) I want my life to be as together as possible.

I don’t want to be one of those people who thinks that if I just find the right person and get married then I will live happily ever after. I believe in making your own happiness, and doing what you need to be happy NOW, not depending on someone else for your happiness. When none of my friends or family could travel with me, I decided to start voyaging solo. I bought a house that I may well end up dying in, without waiting for the right man to be by my side (though, incidentally, he had recently entered the picture).

So, what areas of my life do I find need improving? Well, like most Americans I need to exercise more. I want to spend less time on the internet. I want to read more. (And when I say read, I mean read real books, not magazines or stuff online, etc.). I want to work at maintaining and improving my friendships, and making new ones. I’d like to get back into gardening, and actually start my own vegetable garden. I want to learn how to sew. And I’ve decided to start this blog. A way for me to become a creator on the internet rather than just a consumer.

I’m already happy with my life as it is. But if I’m able to accomplish all of my resolutions (or even most, or possibly half) my life is going to be completely amazing. Definitely the way I’d like to enter my 30s, and my marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment